Monday, June 30, 2008

In The Summertime...

You could fry an egg on my head right now! Yes, THAT's how hot it is here in Arizona and the midwest. Do the phrases "stick your head in an oven" or "Excessive Heat Warning" decribe this anybetter for you? It's terrible, but I admit I do have my AC cranked way low/cold all day...to a frigid 80 F. *lol*

So, the quest for July's Lyrics was not hard. Yes, I know, there are so many summertime songs, but there is one that I have loved loved loved ever since I was a kid working - behind the counter at my parent's donut shop. (Thank goodness for that old radio. It kept the boredom at bay back in the day.) I hope this song brings back fond memories for you too and helps you feel good, even when it's so unbearably HOT!

July "In the Summertime" Lyric Challenge
Post your layout in the official gallery and leave a link in the offical challenge thread here:
>Thread+Gallery<

::Challenge timeline::
Post/Signup closes Thursday July 24th (11:59 PM - Kjoi Clock located on top right Header in the forums)
Public Voting for Winner - Friday July 25th to Wednesday July 30th (11:59 PM - Kjoi Clock)
Winner Announced - Thursday, July 31st

YouTube: In the Summertime - Mungo Jerry

Warning: This man is sporting some serious facial hair. Think werewolf.

In the summer time when the weather is high

You can chase right up and touch the sky,
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind.
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find.
If her Daddy's rich, take her out for a meal,
If her Daddy's poor, just do what you feel.
Scoot along the lake, do a town an' then return her twenty five.
When the sun goes down
You can make it, make it good and really fine.
With a fat beat, when her Daddy with a me,
We'll have everybody, but we do as we please.
When the weather's fine, we go fishing or go swimming in the sea,
We're always happy,
Long's we're living in this sound philosophy.
Sing along with us, dee dee dee dee dee
Da da da da da, yeah we're hap-pap-py.
Da da da dee da doo dee da dee da dee da da,
Da da da da da, dee da da dee da da.
When the wind is here, yeah it's party time,
Bring your bottle waggin' back, 'cuz it will soon be summer time.
And we'll signal a cab, we'll go driving or maybe we'll settle down,
If she's rich, if she's nice, bring your friends and we'll all go into town.
In the summer time when the weather is high
You can chase right up and touch the sky,
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind.
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find.
If her Daddy's rich, take her out for a meal,
If her Daddy's poor, just do what you feel.
Scoot along the lake, do a town an' then return her twenty five.
When the sun goes down
You can make it, make it good and really fine.
With a fat beat, when her Daddy with a me,
We'll have everybody, but we do as we please.
When the weather's fine, we go fishing or go swimming in the sea,
We're always happy,
Long's we're living in this sound philosophy.
Sing along with us, dee dee dee dee deeDa da da da da, yeah we're hap-pap-py.
Da da da dee da doo dee da dee da dee da da,Da da da da da, dee da da dee da da.




As I've become accustomed to, here's a 2nd YouTube version of the song for you to enjoy:
In the Summertime - Shaggy ft. Rayvon
This version is a bit more, shall we say - sizziling "sexy". Because it's by Shaggy aka Mr. Loverlover man... ;)

It´s a summer time affair SHAGGY Ha! RAYVON
sun and fun in the atmosphere.
In the summer time when the weather is fine
You could stretch right up and touch the sky
Now when the weather is fine
You got women, you got women, on your mind
I´m going driving right now to see what I can find
Now if her daddy is rich take her out for a meal
But if her daddy is poor then do as you feel
Speeding down the lane even though the speed limit is twenty five
And when the sun goes down I´ll make it with my cutie pie
Weh me say!!
Pretty little woman sexy as can be sweet like honey sting like bumble bee SHAGGY say!!
Pretty little woman sexy as can be sweet like honey sting like bumble bee

It´s a summer time affair in the atmosphere
I man love off the attire and the clothes she wear
Some a burn off them tire and a draw down gear
Some a shine up a wax up not a sign off smear
Got to be rolling in my chrisas so the girl them stare
This is SHAGGY and RAYVON as your ultimate pair
Taking care of our career so the world beware
Cause it´s a brand new selection for your musical ear
We say what we want and we say what we need
And we love everybody but we do as we please

And when the weather is fine we go fishing, we go fishing in the sea
We are always happy to live life that´s our philosophy

CHORUS

Sweat run off her body with her caramel skin
I man smiled at her she looked at me and gave me a grin
I offered her a drink she said juice and gin
And I whispered in her ear I asked how you doing
Where was it I reside I told her Brooklyn
Atmosphere filled with romance her eyes sparkling
Just her voice and what she said let my poor head spin

Raggamuffin SHAGGY with a musical swing I say...
Pretty little woman sexy as can be sweet like honey sting like bumble bee SHAGGY say!!
Pretty little woman sexy as can be sweet like honey sting like bumble bee CHORUS

No comments: