Thursday, December 11, 2008

Spreading the Love

Christmas is a seaon filled with cheer, but it never fails, that I feel the blues missing my family and wishing I could afford to give them the gifts that would truely light up their eyes and show how much they mean to me. With the economy being the way it is and me not having much success on my shopping outings and only two more weeks to go. I realize my original idea of printing out digi scrapbook pages that I've made, is the most cost effective and still very thoughtful gift that I can give. So out with the BahHumBug blues and in with the the spirit of humble yet thoughtful gifts. As my mother (in-law) Amy Carranza says, "It's not the thing. It's the thought." 
Here's one of my first gift pages, called "Filled with Cheer" and it goes with the lyric challenge I'm hosting this month too!  Can you see my father in law in this picture? Hubby & I are trying not to laugh because of him! For all those who participate in my challenge, they'll recieve this quickpage:
Another great gift idea, is to give the gift that helps others.  
In October, for Filipino American History Month, Mabuhay Project got several designers together to create Crop Dreams.  So far, Crop Dreams has been downloaded 13 times by creative team members and a few who've actually purchased it.   After PayPal fees we will be donating proceeds to Opportunity House.  Opportunity House Opens Doors to expand opportunities for children and families who would otherwise be denied health care, education, livelihood, and psycho-social support by developing and delivering resources and standards of excellence to affiliates and partner agencies throughout the world.


My wish this christmas is for more people to support Opportunity House via a $9 purchase of Crop Dreams before 2008 closes. Crossing my fingers and asking for your support.
Crop Dreams - Charity Collab Kit benefiting Opportunity House - valued at $12.50 - only $9
Crop Dreams Alpha Set - Charity Collab kit benefiting Opportunity House - only $3 

Here is a list of other charities for your consideration this holiday:

Holidays in My House - Mega Collaboration Kit regular price $12.50 - only $5 during Dec. '08 - proceeds will go towards helping April with her Sub for Santa project:  http://kjoistudios.com/messages/index.php/topic,5911.0.html and April will also be helping families from New Beginnings for Women and Children is: http://www.nbwctucson.org/

Snowflake Silent Auction - Is not a digital scrapbook charity kit, but will benefit The Jones Family. To learn about their situation and how you can help please read Rita's blog.

Shirt the Kids - only $5 to Shirt a Kid.  The goal of Pnoy Apparel is to sell and donate a minimum of 10,000 Sammy shirts by December 31, 2008. That will be10,000 shirts for 10,000 kids! For the price of a cup of coffee, a bag of chips and/or a gallon of gas, people can put more than a priceless smile on a child in the Philippines and benefit children fighting cancer.

TNT - I'm very proud of my brother-in-law Ray Carranza, who has been training very hard for the P.F. Chang's 2009 Marathon in Arizona.  He is training with Team In Training and raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Online Kettle - My friend Ken Fujimatsu is raising for with his very own online Kettle to raise money for the Salvation Army.

And of course, Song Bird Avenue has another lovely charity kit this month called:
Jolly Holidays - Created with love by Emily Merritt, Jan Crowley and Meredith Fenwick - only $8 at songbirdavenue.com - benefitting the American Diabetes Association.

No comments: