Thursday, September 25, 2008

Walk to Remember

is a one mile non-competitive event held by Banner Desert Hospital evey year, for 16 years now.  My husband and I started going in 2005 shortly after we lost our first child Elijah, after 18 weeks gestation. It was a comfort then and still is now, to be supportive of other families going through what we did.  Families come wearing home made shirts honoring their little loved ones or carrying quilts, balloons and banners, as we walk around the block, symbolically to take the steps that our children would never be able to take. 


This year I finally got around to making my own shirt for my two little babies. Yet, I just can't seem to get it to go on smoothly/perfectly.  Grrrrrrrr!!!! It was just so frustrating that I messed up my shirt.  I don't have oodles of cash to go buy a new one.  If I can't salvage this shirt, by iron-on transfering the same image over again, then I'm going with - It's "vintage".   Yes, it's got the worn out look of a shirt that has been worn and washed many times because it's so loved.    
(back)


(front, detail above the heart)
(front)


I used a combination of flourishes designed by Brooke Rochon, found in the Posh Picnic digi kit at Cocoa Daisy, with flowers designed by my husband and I for a new digi kit coming out next month, called Crop Dreams.  Crop Dreams is a collab charity kit for Filipino American Heritage month, October. So, it's a little bit of a sneak peek to that kit. I'll be writing more about it next week.

No comments: