Friday, January 23, 2009

25 Random Things

I got tagged by my boy John Nesbit, aka OldSchoolReviews. I spent entirely way too much time filling this out, but now that I have compiled this list, I might as well share with those select few who actually read my blog. If you read this, consider yourself tagged buddy.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this on Facebook, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1. i'm a pretty good MacGyver-style cook. to eat in my kitchen is brave.
2. i've made felted jewelry beads out of my cat Sam's hair. (clean hair, mind you.)
3. my nike+ "Power Song" is "Me Against the Music".
4. i'm a 1x marathoner.
5. Elijah and Angel are my two babies in heaven.
6. i run in a skirt.
7. chocolate is like a vitamin. i have it daily.
8. even though people stare and give me that "girl - you are weird!" look, i often refuse plastic bags and styrofoam left-over containers and prefer to use tin-foil or paper.
9. again, at restaurants, ignoring other's attempts at making fun of me, i take home veggy/grain leftovers to toss into my compost bin in our backyard.
10. i don't miss paper towels at home. instead i use + launder cloth napkins.
11. in college, i was affectionately known by a select few as "Over-da-Bakod Queen". (bakod=fence)
12. one cloudless pitch-black night, outside my on-campus dorm, i witnessed the most fantastical rainbow encircling a full moon...was it a "moondog" or is it a "22' Halo"...whatever you call it, none of the pictures online, depict exactly what I saw in the Philippines.
13. i still believe i saw a giant black butterfly or moth inside the Palaruang La Salle.
14. i miss Mushroom Burger in Tagaytay. mmmm....tenga ng daga....
15. i made the pledge to only give/buy handmade gifts. we'll see how well that goes...
16. there are many "walks" to remember lost children, but someday i'll organize a team/fundraiser full on 5k run for miscarriage awareness and research. I've been running for my angels for years now. I always see the TNT, Team Diabetes, Autism, etc...but nothing for Miscarriage research & support.
17.there's a UK org focused precisely on this issue, called Tommy's. Someday I will run in the London Marathon for Tommy's.
18. i'm running out of random things to say.
19. in isla mujeres, mexico- dogs ride on the hoods of moving vehicles. no seriously, ask ron, he was witness.
20. you wouldn't want to lift weights with me. you'd be too busy cracking up at my straining-facial-expressions.
21. a very long time ago, i won a co-ed billiard tournament at Blue Hawaii in Cavite. i still have my participant t-shirt, somewhere...
22. i miss sparring. i think i still have a pretty solid back-fist. SAI!
23. "fractice make ferfect. and ferfect fractice - makes ferfect ferfect".
24. No one makes donuts like my mom. Her "Blueberry-Cream Cheese-Bear Claws" were the bomb-diggidy.
25. I survived being side-swiped/hit by a car...had minor whip-lash, but thanks to learning how to fall correctly in Kuntaw, I didn't crack my noggin on the concrete. Thanks Kyud Lito.

Ok now that you have entirely way too much random info about me, go forth and smell the roses and dance in swaying fields of wheat ( i was going to say "hemlock fields", but turns out those are poisonous).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mars

Love reading about what you are up to. You are always to busy that you get my head in a spin. Pop by sometime soon, I have a lovely blog award for you and with all you do, you surely deserve it.

Vanessa