Saturday, August 13, 2011

day 13: from a distance

those white specs in the distance... 
credits: *paislee press 2010 calendar stamp, that i modified for 2011.
*overlay edge stax by Kim Liddiard and *hand drawn circle doodle by me.

...are my fellow Miracles In Motion team on our first long run.  I started out at a good pace, but my endurance just isn't there yet. Had to walk 2/3 of the way.   I'm glad I had my ipod playlist set up.  Loving "Lunatic" by Andy Grammar. It's so fitting for someone crazy enough to run another 26.2 miles and on top of that - raise $1,500 for Phoenix Childrens Hospital.   But it's all worth it to be able to give back to our local community knowing this will help a child in need.  It was a muggy but beautifully cloudy day.  I couldn't help but think of my two angels in heaven looking up & ahead of me. I know they are looking down at me smiling and cheering, "go mommy go!" I made it back to the start of the trail and so appreciated the bountiful breakfast spread awaiting us all.  Plus, I met some new friends & joined a group of gals to help with fundraising.   woohoo!  


No comments: