Saturday, August 6, 2011

day 6: childhood memory

How do you photograph a memory?  As I thought about this challenge, lots of bags of flour came to mind.  I remember napping on hard bags of flour in the back of the store, next to trays and trays of rising donuts.  Mom standing in front of a butcher block counter - working flour into mounds of dough waiting to be rolled and cut into the days batch of donuts.  The rhythmic thud of mom rolling heavy metal donut cutter.  Mom was always covered in flour.  10 years of her life.  Knowing her, she surely doesn't want to ever see another bag of flour.  Still, these white bags always bring me back to those days fondly and how much my mom loves me.

credits: *paislee press 2010 calendar stamp, that i modified for 2011. *overlay edge stax by Kim Liddiard and *hand drawn circle doodle by me.

No comments: